GEOSPATIAL PROFESSIONALS RECEIVE 2016 MAPPS PRESIDENT'S AWARDS FOR SERVICE
Monday, January 16, 2017
Posted by: Amy Cannon
GEOSPATIAL PROFESSIONALS RECEIVE
2016 MAPPS PRESIDENT'S AWARDS FOR SERVICE
MAPPS, the national association for private sector geospatial firms, today announced it has recognized twelve individuals for their significant contributions to the association and the geospatial profession for 2016.
MAPPS President, Susan Marlow, Stantec, recognized the following Presidential Award recipients:
- Bob Hanson, Michael Baker International, for his service as MAPPS Treasurer, A/E Forum Chair, Board Liaison to MAPPS Forums and COFPAES Delegate;
- John Perry, Altavian, for work on the UAS Registration Task Force at the Federal Aviation Administration;
- Brian Raber, Merrick & Company, for his efforts as MAPPS Membership Committee Chair and the association's triennial salary survey;
- Mike Tully, Aerial Services, Inc., for work as MAPPS Program Committee Chair, including the development of the new MAPPS Emerging Leaders program;
- Marvin Miller, MRG GEO, for his assistance with the Emerging Leaders program;
- Rich Serby, GeoSearch, Inc., for his work with the Emerging Leaders program;
- Jeff Lovin, Woolpert, Inc., for his role as a member of the National Geospatial Advisory Committee, (NGAC), MAPPS PAC Chair, and USGS Liaison;
- Vince DiCamillo, Stantec, for his work as Chair of the MAPPS Task Force on FEMA flood mapping reform;
- Pam Nobles, 3DS, for her efforts as a MAPPS representative to the NCEES Future of Surveying Task Force; and
- Chris Ogier, for work as the Chair of the MAPPS Legislative Affairs Committee.
In addition, a President's Appreciation Award was presented to Robert Burtch, professor emeritus at Ferris State University, for outstanding service as Chairman and a member of the panel of judges for the MAPPS Geospatial Products and Services Excellence Awards.
A special lifetime service award, known as the Bukovsky Award, was presented to Bobby Tuck, of Tuck Mapping Solutions, Inc. Mr. Tuck is a past Director of MAPPS, a Chair and member of numerous Nominations Committees, and has been an informal advisor to MAPPS presidents for more than 20 years.
"MAPPS members do big things in the profession...and FOR the profession," said Ms. Marlow. "These individuals stand out for their exemplary service to our association and profession. I know all our members are grateful these professionals contributed so much of their time and talent."